Wednesday, March 30, 2011

MOMENTS

Excerpts from my article for CE Magazine: To the eye of a Civil Engineer these are nothing but response to an external action resulting in deformation of a structure (Hope I got this right).Not thinking as a Civil Engineer, these are the glory days one will cherish for the rest of their lives. A token of happiness that will remind us of the unforgettable & delightful tweaks of the time we spent here together. Even today I couldn’t anticipate what my life would have been had I not come to this place, in spite of the fact that I’ve had my own share of criticisms & concerns about certain aspects of life in the campus. But if I were to sum up these five years of stay in KGP, I would definitely and without a doubt say these have been the best years of my life. People I met here are unique in their own special way. One can learn a lot here from ones peers. The best part is if you’ve hit an impasse you can be sure that someone out there has a better and probably the best explanation for whatever it is you have stumbled upon.

Moving on, life as a super final year student has its own upside and charm: A handful of classes and literally nothing to do. Attending classes seem a viable option just to get away from the sedentary lifestyle and to add to it signing the attendance register daily, irrespective of the fact that there may not be classes everyday, too feels like a good enough motive to break the vicious cycle of laziness. And lastly comes the fun part: Trips, outings, hikings (fractional multiples of 2.2) & late night gossips in the dark corners & circles of KGP.These are the moments I take away with myself after I leave this place. I take with me those moments of sleepless nightouts before exams only to find that it is literally impossible to study it all in such short time, those loud tempo shouts screaming on top of our voices, those moments when we copied assignments together without having a clue of what we were copying, treats, concerts and much more.

Last but not the least, I want to thank the team CES for doing a wonderful job in bringing up the yearly magazine, and giving me a platform to show my literary side. I want to sign off on the note that wherever we go from here we will always be united by the bond of affection and care we shared at this place called KGP.

No comments:

Post a Comment